A Medical Assistant (MA) position, at Associates in Gastroenterology, supports patients, providers, and team members. As an MA, we are looking for someone that can perform clinical and administrative tasks to keep the clinic running smoothly, while being compassionate, dependable, and having excellent patient care. As an MA you must be dedicated to providing positive care to each patient, work well in a close team setting, and have excellent oral and written communication skills.
MA job responsibilities will include prepping charts for visits, rooming patients for their office visit, and phone calls to patients, insurances, other offices etc. This position offered is Monday through Friday, no night shift, and no major holidays. Benefits are available with this position. We are looking for applicants with strong teamwork skills and a willingness to learn new skills.
- Assist with patient exams and procedures, including set-up, clean-up, patient prep, and documentation in electronic medical records. Complete office procedure and administer injections as ordered by provider.
- Work closely with providers to ensure excellent and complete patient care.
- Interview patients, measure vital signs, review medications list, and perform other medical procedures per protocol.
- Document care provided per established guidelines. Document prescription refill requests per clinic guidelines.
- Provide patient education resources as instructed. Label and dispense sample medications prescribed to patients in office.
- Prepare and disinfect exam room for each patient’s visit. Ensure adequate supplies and appropriate instruments are available. Inventory and order medical supplies. Ensure office and equipment is cleaned and maintained per protocol or as assigned.
- Obtain pre-authorization for referrals, procedures and medications as required by individual insurance companies. Complete necessary paperwork.
- Maintain supplies and equipment.
- Perform clerical and medical support tasks as necessary or assigned, including answering calls and emails.
- Triage and process messages from patients and front office staff to providers.
- Understands the importance of maintaining confidentiality and HIPAA standards.
- Ability to exercise a high degree of diplomacy/tact, excellent customer service, and ability to work independently.
- Cultural sensitivity and demonstrate ability to work with diverse people groups.
- Experience with electronic medical records – Allscripts is a plus.
- Intermediate computer skills; efficiency and accuracy
- Well-developed verbal and written communication skills. Bilingual is a plus.
- Ability to work well under pressure with minimal supervision.
- Proven flexibility and willingness to handle a variety of tasks.
- Reliable attendance record and business professional attire.
Pay Range: $16-$19 per hour